DOWNLOAD OUR OFFICIAL ANDROID APP
Allium sativum(Ayu) In Yoruba
Garlic (scientific name Allium sativum) is a species in the onion genus, Allium. This is also known by names like, “Ayu” in Yoruba Medicine.
Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, chive and Chinese onion. With a history of several thousand years of human consumption and use, garlic is native to Central Asia and northeastern Iran, and has long been a common seasoning worldwide. It was known to Ancient Egyptians, and has been used both as a food flavoring and as a traditional medicine.
Uses of Allium sativum (Ayu) In Yoruba:
- Chest disorder: Garlic reduces fetidity in pulmonary gangrene and relieves tuberculosis. Administering a decoction made by boiling garlic in milk every day relieves tuberculosis and pneumonia.
- Asthma: Consuming a decoction containing garlic cloves in milk, honey and fenugreek syrup daily before bedtime reduces severity of asthmatic attacks.
- Digestive disorder: Crushed garlic cloves in milk or water relieve digestive disorders. It acts as anti-septic and relieves inflammations and infections of the intestines and stomach. It assists in waste elimination, stimulates peristalsis and secretion of digestive juices.
- High blood pressure: Consuming two to three capsules per day reduces blood pressure. Garlic eases spasm of small arteries, slows pulse rate and modifies heart-rhythm. It also relieves dizziness, gas formation, and shortness of breath.
- Rheumatism: Anti-inflammatory property makes it suitable to relieve arthritis and rheumatism.
- Heart attack: Garlic breaks up cholesterol in arteries, thereby preventing their hardening which can otherwise lead to heart attacks.
- Cancer: Garlic juice and extract retards cancer and tumors progress.
- Whooping cough: Consuming five drops of garlic juice two to three times a day relieves this condition.
- Blood disorders: Garlic removes toxins, stimulates blood circulation and revitalizes blood. It enhances flora in the intestine to prevent infection by harmful bacteria.
- Skin disorder: Acne, boils, pimples and spots are avoided by external application of garlic while internal consumption purifies blood. Consumption of three garlic capsules a day keeps skin infections at bay. It relieves ring-worm when rubbed externally.
- Wounds and ulcers: Garlic juice mixed with three parts of water cleanses wounds. Application of the juice on ulcers removes pus and pain.
- Diphtheria: Chewing garlic cloves relieves infected mucosal membrane, decreases temperature and provides relief.
- Others: Garlic juice relieves loss of sexual power, debility and impotency. It is recommended for older men suffering libido or nervous tensions.
- This herb has no toxic effects on body if taken in a limited quantities. Increased consumption may result in the vomiting.
- It should not be given in excess to pregnant ladies.
UPLOAD YOUR MUSIC, VIDEO AND ALSO ADVERTISE WITH EKOVIBEZ AT AFFORDABLE RATE TODAY
CALL OR WHATSAPP : +2348034067518 OR +2348100170459
ADD US BBM PIN: 7B594B24
TRENDING DOWNLOADS ON EKOVIBEZ (ONE CLICK DOWNLOAD)